Monday, February 8, 2016

The Daily Marker 30 day challenge - Week one recap (Day 3)

Hi everyone here again with my recap of The Daily Marker 30 day challenge. 

Day 3 - Blooming watercolor

Today's post is using one of my Favorite techniques I call Emboss it, Drop it, Blend it and Voila! I don't really call it that but I thought it was cute (haha) Seriously though I love how this looks on any project. All you do is stamp your Favorite image on Watercolor paper with Versamark (use a stamp that has some white space that you can color), add embossing powder and heat it up to melt the powder, draw some color into the white space ( two levels of the same color per petal/stem), take your Watercolor brush (not too much water on it) and blend. If you find that you need more dimension just wait for it to dry and add more colour where you need it. That's it! It's that easy - Really it is and it takes hardly any time to create these lovely little bouquets.

I originally started with the gold one but wanted to try one with clear embossing powder as well. It's a toss up for me which one I like better. The elegant gold or the ethereal clear???


Supplies: My go to Watercolor paper (Strathmore yellowbook), Tim Holtz Flower Garden cling stamps, Ranger Queens gold embossing powder, Clear embossing powder, Tim Holtz Distress Markers in (Purple flower- Seedless preserves, Wilted violet, Spiced marmalade, Fired brick, Carved pumpkin), (Red flower- Candied apple, Fired brick), (Teal flower - Lucky clover, Cracked pistachio, Lemon citron), (Stems - Forest moss, Peeled paint)

No comments:

Post a Comment