Thursday, May 12, 2016

Playing with inks

Hello!

I'm back today with some fun cards I made last weekend. I learned a fun "new to me" technique from my super duper crafty friend Maresa.  After being in the industry for a number of years she is a wealth of crafty ideas and techniques and this one technique had my eyes glued to the paper. It's the alcohol/archival ink reinker technique and it creates these amazing backgrounds for cards.

All you do is take a piece of Specialty Stamping paper, drop on some alcohol (the medical kind and the higher the content the better), add a few drops of archival ink reinker (3 colors seems to work great) and then very slightly blend with a palette knife. Spreading the ink through the alcohol like you would do if you were spreading peanut butter on bread but with a lighter touch. Voila .. That really is it!!! It dries in no time at all.


On my second card we stamped an image with Versamark, embossed the stamped image (Altenew poppy stamps) with ranger "queens gold" embossing powder. With a damp watercolor brush we picked up colour from an acrylic block (one drop of each color onto the block) and coloured in the stamped image (poppies in this case). Once it was dry we added masking fluid over the coloured in image. Let that dry and then proceed with the same steps as the first card. Once dry, peel or remove the masking fluid with an eraser. I love love love this technique and will be sharing more projects with it in the near future. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!! Feel free to ask questions about my supplies used or if you are unsure about the technique!

Michelle 😉








No comments:

Post a Comment