Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Neutral glow

I tend to be drawn towards bright and vibrant but for today's card I decided to keep it neutral. 

Continuing on with my venture into alcohol ink backgrounds I wanted to make a card that was suitable for many occasions. The subtle colors and simple Hello make it easily adaptable. My first thought of whom I could give this to would be a friend who maybe wasn't feeling well and needed a hug. When you're far away a simple card with a hello or thinking of you can help make your day a bit brighter. I love getting snail mail and in fact I just received a beautiful card from a friend on Friday. She's the one who got me started on my alcohol ink journey and who has taught me so much! Thank you Maresa!

The instructions for the background can be found here: 

http://chellebdesign.blogspot.ca/2016/05/did-someone-say-alcohol.html

I used the mini Hero Arts stamp set called "Spring Hello" for my embossed sentiment and Ranger silver embossing powder. I also embossed a piece of white cardstock, around the edge, with the silver embossing powder to use as my layering piece behind the front layer. Easy way to get an embossed piece of paper to match your front layer.

Hope you've had a great Tuesday!






No comments:

Post a Comment