Sunday, May 1, 2016

Day 4 - Online Card Clases "Clear & Sheer"

Happy Sunday everyone,

Welcome back to my Day 4 take on Online Card Classes "Clear & Sheer".  Day 4 brought us many creative ideas on working with vellum and acetate.  Acetate brings such a subtle effect to any project even if it's the main focus or if it's just a small accent on your card. Vellum is much the same .. it's a surface that can be altered in many ways and can create pretty ethereal results.  I'm learning to work with both as they are quite new to me.

So for today's project I decided to make a really basic card that let the focus be on the die cut.  Sometimes simpler is better and in this case I think it works quite well.

The key for working with acetate is that if you glue something to the front of the acetate you have to follow up with gluing something to the back to cover up the glue.  You work with layers so cutting out multiples of the same thing is key in this case.  Also in order to have an area to write on, inside the card, you have to follow this same rule of thumb where you have to double up on your layers.  


Hope you've had a wonderful weekend and I'm looking forward to our wrap up session later this week.  I hear shaker cards are in our future ;-)

Supplies used:
Opus art supplies - heavy weight synthetic acetate
Sizzix (Tim Holtz alterations) - Globe die
MFT Stamps - Label maker sentiments clear stamps
MTS Die-namics - Label tape dies
Strathmore - Bristol paper (white)
Bazzil - Black cardstock
Ranger - Archival Ink in Jet Black and Multi Medium Matte adhesive
Scrapbook Adhesives - 3D foam squares



10 comments:

  1. Terrific card, Michelle! Congrats on being showcased on the Sheer and Clear wrap up day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol! I appreciate you popping by 😉

      Delete
  2. Love the card!! Congrats on being showcased and so nice to meet a fellow Canadian!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne.Great to meet you too!!

      Delete
  3. This card caught my eye in the gallery at Clear N Sheer and I see it caught their eye, too. Then I started looking back at all your work, which I love, and now I'm your newest subscriber. Thanks for the inspiration you have given me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks a bunch Katy! I'm so happy to hear that you've enjoyed my work and it has given you inspiration 😊

      Delete