Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Paper inspiration - Cards

When I walked into the scrapbook store on Friday I promised myself that I would not purchase any more paper.  HA!  Really ... telling a papercrafter that they cannot buy a piece of paper when they walk into a scrapbook store is like telling me that I'm not allowed to create canvases anymore.  Who was I kidding?? ha ha.

I used a little bit of this paper line in my previous post and it is from BasicGrey and is their "25th and Pine" line of papers.  How can you not love the little hits of retro combined with a whole lot of color!  I love that there is pink in this line.  It reminds me of walking into a 50's retro kitchen with pink counter top and one of those old school retro fridges. 

I also combined in a few other pieces of paper because silly me, I didn't buy the whole line of paper.  Next time I'll know better :-)  I tend to go pretty simple with my cards because these are the small ones and there is not really a lot of room on the front.  I love to punch the card with a bit of contrast and that is where the navy blue skinny ribbon came in.  For me it ties the whole look together ... literally.

Thanks for dropping by






No comments:

Post a Comment