Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Box card sampling

I'm back for a quick blog today about my first experience working with SVGCuts and boxed cards.



I made this little beauty from a file I downloaded from SVGCuts today. 

http://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=395

A fellow crafter had these amazing little cards on display at my recent retreat and although I don't normally fall for these types of cards I was amazed at how cute they are!!! I definitely fell for boxed cards lol.

I downloaded the file for this card from the SVGCuts site and chose to use Bo Bunny's Rejoice paper line that had been gifted to me by my friend Deb from All Ways Scrapbooking. Great little home based business! Visit her online shop here: http://www.allwaysscrapbooking.com. Of course I had to add a little touch of Tim Holtz to my project. I used the Remnant rubs called Gilded Holiday for the "peace love joy" on the front flap and his Alterations embossing folder with the poinsettias on it for my gold background piece. Both of these were from an amazing store called Memories and More. Love those gals. You can fine their site here: http://www.memorycrafts.ca

I was floundering a bit trying to figure out how to load and cut this file on my Cricut Explore but after going to the help section on SVGCuts I soon found a video showing me exactly what I needed to do on my specific machine.  So helpful!!! Great video SVGCuts. 

Another great thing about this SVGCuts file is that there is a video tutorial on how to assemble these little beauties on the site. In depth and step by step instruction! So helpful!

After assembling the card I added a little Liquid Pearls in Garnet and Brass to finish.

Thanks for popping by!











No comments:

Post a Comment